
Meet Miss Meghan. I first was introduced to her by my two dogs. She followed them home several months ago when she was in Houston to have surgery on her arm for an injury that she suffered at birth. She was in Houston this week for her first check up and elevation after surgery. She is doing very well and will be back in December to make a date for her next surgery. Her mother Christy, Meghan and I went to dinner Monday evening. We ended up in our favorite place, Target for a few grocery before we headed back home. I asked Meghan to tell me the one thing in her whole life that she wanted from Target. "Boots. That's all". Well, this isn't Arizona, so we had to settle for black, sequined ballet slippers. Not practical for those snowy Arizona winters. But, so much fun. And, of course we also got a toy. After all, I am the Gram.
That evening, we all hugged goodbye and her mother and I sniffed back some tears.
I know that I will see her again.
No comments:
Post a Comment